Nowadays, the best way to obtain the Spanish residence is through an investment. Thanks to the Golden Visa, it is possible to live and work in Spain if you make an investment of 500.000 euros. This is an attractive residence permit especially for the Egyptians that want to build a business in Spain.
The Golden Visa is also an excellent immigration route for those foreigners who need to stay in their countries because obtaining the visa doesn’t imply that the investor has to reside in the country. It is required that the investor has to visit Spain only once per year.
This visa has already been extended in many European countries but Spain offers one of the most attractive visas due to his advantages and conditions. Getting Spanish residence by buying a property allows the applicant freedom to the Schengen territory, as well as co-ownership and rights for their families, among other factors.
With all of this, the use of gold visas in Spain is getting more popular every year. In fact, Spain broke the record number of visas in 2019 for the fifth consecutive year. Approximately, 45% of luxury homes purchased by international investors were used to get a residence permit. What’s more, more than four in ten buysales of homes above 500.000 euros also ended with the grant of a Golden Visa Spain.
BENEFITS OF THE GOLDEN VISA SPAIN
The Golden Visa Spain programme preserves any guarantee that is essential for the security of society and the support of public services with the purpose of promoting entrepreneurial culture, creating an environment favourable to economic activities and facilitating the entrance of investment and talent.
These are the main advantages of the Golden visa:
- Fast-track residence permit: with these visas you can get a fast-track residence permit for both the first immediate concession of one year, and for the processing of renewals every two years and it is extendable to the applicant’s family.
- Free movement through the Schengen Area: 26 European nations recognized the abolition of their borders and created the Schengen Area. This unrestricted free movement is one of the main reasons for the processing of visas in Spain and Europe.
- No need of permanency: with the Golden Visa, it is only necessary to visit Spain once in order to maintain the permit so the investor doesn’t have to stay for a long time.
- Work rights: obtaining the visa means that you can work legally as an employer or employee one the visa has been granted.
THE 14/2013 LAW, A GARANTEED LEGALITY
One of the most important things you need to know if you come from Egypt and want to get the Spanish residence is that the Spanish Golden Visa is protected by the 14/2013 law. This law came into force on 27 September 2013, modified back to 2015, in order to support the entrepreneurs and their internationalization.
With the intention of promoting and incentivizing foreign investment in Spain, this law establishes the different immigration benefits that a foreigner can obtain by making a significant capital investment in Spain. It is thought to be for investors, entrepreneurs, highly qualified personnel, R&D&I training and intra-enterprise transfer.
The implementation of the law has favoured the international mobility of professionals in Spain, particularly from Russia, China, Egypt, Qatar and Iran.
OTHER PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING THE SPANISH RESIDENCE
Other procedures for obtaining a residence permit for nationals of Egypt are:
- Realization of an Investment in Real Estate Assets in Spain worth more than 5000.000 euros.
- Acquisition of public debt for more than 2 million euros.
- Acquisition of shares or bank deposits over one million euros.
- Apply for a business project to be developed in Spain and considered in the public interest (create new jobs, having a socioeconomic impact, make a relevant contribution to scientific or technological innovation).
- Residence permit modification as a student in Spain, one the studies favourably concluded. There is also a permit for professional athletes or highly qualified professional.
SPAIN, ONE OF THE MOST ATTRACTIVE COUNTRIES TO INVEST
Spain is one of the countries with the best climate conditions in Europe, that means that receives more tourism, has a major infrastructure on roads and highways and a very good health and education services. Apart from all of this, there are other factors that attract most of the Egyptians investors.
First of all, the Golden Visa Spain is one of the cheapest European golden visas. Along with Greece, the investment cost is one of the lowest in Europe and, what’s more, the residence visa offers the opportunity to work in Spain legally.
Secondly, the access to the Schengen territory combined with the Spanish monetary policy controlled by the ECB makes the option to invest in the country even more tempting. Spain has a strong currency with a rather low interest rates and it is an easy country to adapt because of the good living conditions.
KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GOLDEN VISA SPAIN WITH ORIENCE INTERNATIONAL
If you are from Egypt and want to invest in Spain, in Orience International we are specialists in showing the real estate market to international investors. With this sector growing more and more year after year, especially in cities such as Barcelona or Madrid, it is essential to have professionals who know the country and can be by your side every step of the way.
The goal of our team is to eradicate any risk and protect those who decide to invest in the Spanish real estate market. We know first-hand what any international investor needs and we offer to Egyptians investors a transparent service that goes from the initial advice to the very end of the process.
We are Golden Visa Spain specialist, don’t hesitate to get in touch!