As part of the measures to contain the transmission of COVID-19, the recommendation for citizens is to continue to follow the usual rules of food safety and prevention facilitating the appropriate authorities to contain the spread of the virus.
We also provide the following recommendations for shopping food:
- Avoid going to the supermarket if you have fever or respiratory symptoms. In these cases, ask someone for help.
- Only one person has to leave. As far as possible the most vulnerable people should stay at home.
- Go out and buy only when needed and plan to minimize the number of visits grocery.
- Take an alcoholic hand sanitizer with your hands and use it often.
- Preferably carry your own shopping bag or cart and frequently disinfect them with the same alcoholic hand sanitizer solution.
- If you pick up carts or baskets from the supermarket, disinfect the contact area with your hands alcohol solution.
- Wear disposable gloves to grab food.
- Touch as little of the food as possible, even when it is packaged. Try to make sure you want to take the product before you take it. Do not leave it again after touching it.
- Be careful of everything you touch, such as door handles and displays, screens, keyboards for payment, elevator buttons, money, etc. Disinfect your hands with alcohol solution whenever needed.
- Always keep the minimum safety distance of two meters with others and avoid agglomerations.
- When returning home, wash your hands with soap and water. If you see it necessary you can take additional measures such as cleaning the packaging with a disinfectant solution and removing the outer packaging.
- Clean fruits and vegetables by adding a few drops of bleach to the water.