Due to the pandemic crisis, countries are not given visa tourist temporarily. This means that international investors cannot travel to other countries. However, the demand of Golden Visas has increased during last months, because residence visa grants the free movement throughout the Schengen area.
At the moment, many countries in Europe are offering Golden Visa (Spain, Greece, Portugal, Switzerland, UK, Malta, Germany, Ireland, Monaco). Data shows the demand has increased notably.
Why it is important to have a second residence or plan B?
When we talk about a plan B, we refer to the fact of having an alternative residence or citizenship in another country. In this moment, having an alternative plan it gives you more freedom to travel between European countries. Moreover, it gives you economic, political and social independence from your country of origin and it also allows you to obtain the program for your family members.
In the case of Spain, for example, many international investors have applied for the Golden Visa because they would benefit from the Spanish health system, one of the most advanced in the world.
However, it is not necessary to arrive at crisis situations in order to evaluate and think about the options of acquiring a residence in another country. As citizens of the world, we must take into account the advantages of this option and seek professional advice to guide us and help us to make the best decision.
All you need to know about the European residence
Those are the main advantages of the European residence:
- Regrouping the family: Spain, Portugal and Greece Golden Visa allows you to regroup the entire family (spouse and children). In the Greek case your parents and parents-in-law are included.
- Access to the healthcare system: You and your family will be able to access healthcare completely free of change.
- Right to work: Both in Spain and Portugal the residence permit gives you the right to work in the country. It does not happen in the case of Greece.
- Access to the educational system: As we have previously commented, minors can benefit from most advantages of the Golden Visa program, and one of them is access to the best schools and colleges.
- Good quality life: Spain, Portugal and Greece offer a great quality life. With a very pleasant Mediterranean climate, the three countries offer all essential services at an affordable price.
If you are interested in any of these options, do not hesitate to ask. We will advise you on which residence program is best for you and your family according to your needs and circumstances.
Moreover, you can invest and apply for a program without leaving your country. Our team will manage everything so you do not have to worry.