Spain Golden Visa is one of the hottest programs in the market that allows foreign investors to acquire a residency permit by purchasing real estate in the country with a value equal to or greater than €500,000. One of the main reasons is the country’s potential for financial growth, for the location of Spain, near touristic places in both Europe and Africa, as well as the plenty of locals, guarantees the success of a business.
Moreover, investors choose the Mediterranean country as their new location because of the advantages that come from living in Spain, such as having access to public and private healthcare, as well as to the educational system in the country which will ensure the best quality education at international level to your family.
List of documents required
In order to obtain the Sapin Golden Visa and start your new life as a residency permit-holder of the country, the applicant must first submit the complete and correct needed documents 90 days before the expected date of travel. If failed to do so, the application will be rejected and they must fill for a new appointment at a later date. However, the Golden Visa Spain does not require length of stay in Spain for the visa-holders to benefit from all rights granted by it.
These are the documents for buyers of real Estate in Spain that seek to obtain the residency visa:
- Visa application form filled and signed
- One passport-type photo (white background, 2×2”) glued to the form
- Passport or Travel Document original and a photocopy.
- Driver license, State I.D. card, Voter’s Registration Cards, current student I.D. Any I.D. Card that proves your place of residence is within the jurisdiction of the Spanish Consulate of Los Angeles original and a photocopy (for US citizens)
- Alien Registration Card or long term U.S. Visa (for non-US citizens only)
- Holders of B-1 and B-2 Visas cannot apply in the United States; they must apply in their country of residence or country of origin
- Applicants holding Student Visas must also submit their I-20 signed by the university on the last page and a copy of their F-1 Visa
- Certification of “absence of police records” and a background check verified by fingerprint comparison
- Disclaimer duly signed
- Payment of the Visa Fees
- Certifying Documentation
All the documents for this visa need to be in Spanish or translated by a Sworn Translator. Therefore, the original, a photocopy and the translation is required. Once the visa has been granted to the investor, it will be valid for a period of 365 days upon the formalization and acquisition. If the visa has not yet been formalized but there is a pre-contract with guarantee of its compliance, the residency permit is for 6 months instead.
Options of investment to obtain the Spain Golden Visa
- A real estate investment of a minimum of €500,000
- A €1,000,000 investment in shares or business of Spanish companies
- A €2,000,000 investment into Spanish government bonds
- A fund transfer of €1,000,000 into a Spanish bank account
Whether the reason you decide to obtain the Spain Golden Visa is to relocate with your family to the country and benefit from the Spanish Education System and the healthcare, as well as to secure a comfortable life with its Mediterranean weather, low cost of living and the wonderful lifestyle; or because you aim to expand your business opportunities towards the Northern Hemisphere in a country where millions of tourists visit it each year.
Orience International will accompany you during the process and help you choose the investment option that will best fit your situation.