From January 2022, the changes the Portuguese government has made to the Golden Visa Portugal will become effective.
There are three ways by which an investor can avail of the Portugal Golden Visa:
- An investor can make an outright purchase of real estate property whether for private or commercial purposes.
- An investor can invest capital into the Portuguese economy.
- An investor can start a company that will employ Portuguese nationals for at least three years
How will these changes affect the Golden Visa Portugal program from January 22?
Investment in Real Estate
The Portuguese government would like to transfer the focus of real estate investments from the high-density areas like Lisbon, Porto, the Algrave, and the high density coastal towns like Setubal and the Silver coast to low-density areas like the Azores, Madeira and the cities and towns in the interior of Portugal.
Fortunately, there are no changes in the amount required for property investments.
- €280,000 for existing properties requiring renovation in low density areas
- €350,000 for existing properties located in urban re-generation areas
- €500,00 for all other properties in Portugal
- The present capital transfer of at least € 1million has been increased to €1.5 million.
- The present amount of €350,000 into private equity or venture capital funds providing capital to specified companies has been increased to €500,000.
- The present €350,000 investment in companies that are scientific or technological in nature has been increased to €500,000
- The present €350,000 business investment in the form of either the purchase of shares in a Portuguese company or setting up a company has been increased to €500,000 and must generate at least five permanent jobs for at least three years.
What you should do now about investments and the Golden Visa Portugal
As highly experienced professionals in this field, Orience International would like to help you choose the investment that is best for you and recommend the following points to consider before the changes take effect.
Here are four essential things that need to be considered when making a decision on investing in real estate for obtain the Golden Visa Portugal:
Choose a property in a city or area that has an outstanding appreciation rate or that has the potential to increase in value.
Choose a real estate project that is located in an excellent area and that is masterfully designed.
Return on Investment
Aside the Golden Visa Portugal, you would like a respectable return on investment. Porto, for example experienced a 6.77% increase in value higher than the country’s average and 0.75% higher than the increase in Lisbon.
The Right Partner
To achieve a respectable return on investment by choosing the right property, the right partner is necessary to not only help you make the right decisions for your personal situation but also give you peace of mind.
At Orience International, we put our client first and will put ten years of experience in this business to make sure that your investment is managed properly and in the best manner possible by well-educated and trained professionals. We will be with you from the beginning when choosing the property that is right for you, help you with all the necessary forms and documentation, to managing your property for you if you so wish, up to eventually selling the property if you so desire.
We will also help you apply for the Golden Visa Portugal in the fastest and most convenient way possible. Our success rate is one hundred percent as proven by clients who have assured us that they would choose us again or recommend our services to their relatives and friends.