Portugal, a transcontinental country located in the southwest of Europe, on the Iberian Peninsula. It limits to the east and north with Spain and to the south and west with the Atlantic Ocean. It also includes the autonomous archipelagos of the Azores and Madeira located in the northern hemisphere of the Atlantic Ocean. A country of great opportunities and, therefore, today we will talk about 4 faq’s about the Golden Visa Portugal.
Golden Visa Portugal
The Golden Visa program was launched by the Portuguese authorities in October 2012 and is a quick way for foreign investors from countries outside the European Union to obtain a valid permanent residence in Portugal, which also allows them to travel freely in most of the European countries (Schengen area).
Main benefits of the program
The Golden Visa program aims to provide investors with the following benefits:
- It is not necessary to obtain a visa to enter Portugal.
- It is not necessary to obtain a visa to travel in Europe (Schengen area).
- It is possible to live and work in Portugal, while maintaining residence in a different country.
- The minimum stay periods are very low.
- Permanent residence after 5 years.
- Portuguese citizenship after 5 years.
- Residence extended to the investor’s family.
Requirements for obtaining the Golden Visa in Portugal
The investment visa in Portugal, also known as Golden Visa, offers foreign entrepreneurs the opportunity to acquire a residency permit through the investment of a minimum amount on a Portugal real estate:
- 280.000€ investment in real estate and rehabilitations in eligible properties with more than 30 year or located in rural aeras.
- 350.000€ investment in real estate and rehabilitation in eligible properties with more than 30 years or located in urban areas.
- The acquisition of a property with a value equal to or greater than € 500,000.
- Create at least 10 jobs in Portugal.
- Capital transfer of 1.000.000€
Only investments made after October 8, 2012 are considered.
Requirements that the investor must meet
A reduced number of requirements are presented by the investor. This program requires that the investor must comply with the general requirements applicable to all types of qualified investments and also for the specific needs of each type of investment.
All investors must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain the investment for a minimum period of five years.
- Investment funds must come from abroad.
- Entry into Portugal with a valid Schengen visa.
- Absence of references in the Portuguese Immigration Service and in the services of the Schengen area.
- Absence of a relevant criminal conviction.
- Minimum stay in Portugal of seven days, during the first year and fourteen days in each subsequent period of two years.
At Orience International we will help you throughout the process to get your Golden Visa Portugal, contact us.