PASSIVE RESIDENCE: People who do not have a professional or entrepreneurial activity in Andorra and still want to be an Andorran resident.
They are considered passive residents on the condition of realizing an investment in the Principality according to the following modalities:
- Commit a minimum capital of € 350.000 dedicated to an investment (banking, real estate, shares of a company, Debt or financial products issued by entities resident in the country, Debt products issued by any Andorran public Administration).
- Make a deposit of €50.000, refunded in case of non-renewal of the statute.
- Make an additional deposit of € 10.000 for each family member.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Justify a clean criminal record.
- Submit to a medical examination.
- Stay at least 90 days per year in the Principality of Andorra.
- Bring the proof of a minimum level of resources at least 4 times the minimum salary of the country (currently, €13.000).
- Have an official address.
The different status of passive tax residents in Andorra are the follows:
- Category A: installation in Andorra without working there.
- Category B: people taking advantage of an activity abroad and not in Andorra.
- Category C: people enjoying international recognition (artists, researchers, top athletes, etc.).